SILICON EUROPE - The European cluster alliance for innovative electronics & software technologies
Silicon Europe unites the strongest European clusters in an alliance with access to the most advanced technologies and expertise in all fields of the electronics and software value chain.
Silicon Europe is the brand under which the leading European electronics and digitization clusters collaborate to represent, support and promote the companies and organizations of their regional business networks at European and global levels. Silicon Europe acts as an intermediary between all the relevant partners from research and academia, public authorities and industry.
Twelve renowned European clusters have joined forces to support Europe’s goal to be the world’s leading center for innovative electronics & software technologies:
- Business Cluster Semiconductors Netherlands
- DSP Valley
- GAIA is the Association of Industry of Knowledge and Applied Technologies (ICTA) from the Basque Country, a private and professional non-profit organization.
- High Tech NL
- MIDAS Ireland (Microelectronics Industry Design Association)
- Silicon Saxony in the Dresden area of Germany
- Fondazione Distretto Green & High Tech Monza Brianza
- Silicon Alps
- Mesap Innovation Cluster Italy
- Minalogic France, especially Grenoble
- NMI is a industry association representing the diverse and glorious UK Electronic Systems Communities.
- Pole SCS Secured Communicating Solutions Cluster France
These clusters bring together the technological expertise and resources of Europe’s leading research institutes and companies in the digital technologies and IoT areas such as micro and nanoelectronics, photonics, ICT and software.
Together, the cluster’s ecosystems and their 2,500 cluster members working on science and industry represent more than 400,000 jobs. Among these are ground-breaking research organizations, innovative SMEs and global players like Arm, ASML, ASM International, Atos, AT&S, Bosch, Cisco, Epcos, Gemalto, Globalfoundries, HPE, Infineon, Intel, Nexperia, NXP Semiconductors, Orange, Philips, SAP, Schneider Electric, STMicroelectronics, T-Systems and Thales.
This makes Silicon Europe one of the top technology networks in the world.
Smart Systems Hub
The Smart Systems Hub Dresden is part of the Germany-wide Digital Hub Initiative initiated by the Federal Ministry of Economics and Energy.
Leading edge cluster in Silicon Saxony